Friday, October 22, 2010

Big Q simply Answered


A few weeks went by and the topic came up again of marriage. I asked if we could go to the beach because I wanted to share what was on my mind: Is my heart going to be broken, dose he feel the same as I do!!!... dose he really want to marry me? Are we going to do get married here in Tonga or back in America or, hay why not Australia??? 

we went to the Ha'akame beach to talk... its a great private place to have an open conversation without villagers spying on us... we found a place to sit together and talk!!! We had been sitting for few moments and i started to mumble to find the right words to open the conversation. So I just turned around to face him and asked in a frustrated and almost rejecting tone, "Do you really want to marry me?" His face went calm his eyes centered right on me and said "Yes, I want to marry you." Just then some kids came climbing down the cliff to the beach and our conversation halted as the kids started to play in the water. He turned me to face him again and asked me if I trusted him and I said: "Yeah... I trust you like.... 90%." Then he said: "Lets leave the kids to play and go some where else. I have something i want to ask you." I was bewildered thinking 'what is going on here?' ..... So we climbed to a nice look out of the reef coast-line and stood there. We stood there and I asked him what question did he want to ask me... He turned me to look at him and he said " I loved you and I want to know if will marry me" .... i knew it was coming but I was still in shock; this was not how I imagined it would be ( nothing ever is) . . . ha-ha.... In my stunned state, I stood there and he said; "Don’t give me your answer right now, i want you to think about it, I want to make sure that marring me is what you want too!!!!" I was beaming from ear to ear!!! I knew my answer and he knew me well enough that it would be best for me to rally think it over!

So, I spent the next few days in turmoil, tiring to sort out my feelings, measure them against logic, and seeking Gods support and guidance on the matter.... So, a few days latter I called him and said I want to talk. I was picturing a nice late afternoon romantic conversation on Temple Grounds where we share our feelings and such…. well close: I had a hard time finding a way over to Ha'akame. Once I got there it was already dark and it had been raining! we drove over to the Temple in a van and we we parked in front of the Temple. I was nervous, excited and bummed that I didn't have the perfect setting to give my answer! We sat there in a bit of silence, so i just opened heart and out come my feelings... "I have been thinking of the question you asked me .... and yes, I will marry you!!!" And that was it, simply said and by my word!!! It wasn't the romantic rapture i had dreamed of as a little girl, but the man he is every thing i have been praying to find and share my life with!!! There where no engagement rings to show our devotion or to prove our love for each other only our word!!! I latter explained that i'm not the typical girl that wants a big rock hanging on her finger rather in my love for nature I had wanted something natural and hand made!!!


Engagement and Pictures!
I thought I was going to have time to make and send out wedding invites so we took engagement pictures and we had a tons of fun!!!! I did make an invite for local friends and family in Tonga to come to the Temple Sealing... so here are a few of my favorites!





No comments:

Post a Comment