Saturday, October 23, 2010

Married in TONGA!





We decided to get married In Tonga!!! out here you have to be civilly married first, then Sealed within 24hr in the Temple. We schedule the sealing for Saturday and ran into a problem with having a holiday on friday. Both government offices and the temple where closed. With permission from the Temple President, President Shumway, we where civilly married on thursday and Sealed on Saturday...

Tongan culture is to have a huge feast and a dance for the married or soon to marry couple! Sione and I talked and together we wanted to chart our own way of doing things by keeping it simple with just family! It was great to have my parents, my sisters and his sister and aunties from Australia with us in Tonga for our wedding. It was the best surprise for Manu (my mother in-law). They all sacrificed to come out for our celebration, plus a cousin on his side was getting married the same week, so fun that family could make it a double wedding week. We wished Trevor and Angie could come back, but understood their eagerness to get back to America to settle back down to normal life with the most adorable baby girl.

Thursday, our civil marriage 'till death do we part'




We dress in traditional wear and headed to the civil ceremony, everyone crammed into a car and traveled to town!!! It was only Sione, myself, Sione's parents, and my parents squeezed into a small government office to do the all the formalities... there where no 'I does' said only "Yes, i swear by the bible" and a please sign here!!! haha haha!!! so different from what I had pictured and only took 15-20 min!!!









Afterwards we changed out of our civil cloths and started the tour around the island... Latter that night a dance was arraigned by Sione’s aunties. Only the best DJ was hired for the dance!!! Thanks!!! It was so much fun to watch all the family dance and to see so many people come and have fun!!! We spent the next day, Friday, continuing the touring around the island, we found an awesome beach and just chilled out...


June 5 2010

Saturday morning,"I'm getting married for all Eternity..... wah-hoo!!!". The sealing at noon came fast and before I knew it Sione and I where face to face in the Temple! The Rapture of feelings I had dreamed of as a little girl where felt so intensely, I felt Heavenly Father pouring into our hearts His love ... reaching deeper and connecting us to Him in eternal bonds of love!!! I will never forget these deeper understandings that words can not define!!!








That evening we celebrated with a family dinner.... A wide selection of food, everything from Lu Horse, Prawns, to water mellon otai, oh so delicious food!!! my sisters had fun trying all the different kinds of food, even the Lu Horse!!! My sisters made Frog-Eyed pasta salad, that no one really touched.... maybe because of the name!!!














Sione and I spent most of our honeymoon days being tour guides.... so when family left it wasn’t all that sad!!! ok I cried a little... but so ready to focus on being married!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment