Friday, October 1, 2010

Tonga?



I received a call from my brother back in December of 09. He wanted to
share some exciting news and asked if I could help them out!
After making a pro and con list I agreed to go help. So I said good
bye to my life in Colorado springs Colorado. I was partly said for I
had come to love everything about it from the eclectic city life to the
beautiful out door adventures, to the friendships that are one of a
kind! Yet the excitement and the yearning for a new and fresh
adventure lessened the sting of leaving! To travel and helping my
family, seemed to give an opportunity to push the 'restart button' on
my life and settle back down into regular life somewhere new in the
states! Or the land of Oz! Australia has been a place I've felt drawn
to for the past 7 years! This excitement with open possibilities
carried me over to Tonga to help my brother and sister-in-law with
their loving and energetic boys while they await the completion of
adopting the most adorable girl who can still your heart with her
laughter!



I landed in the Kingdom of Tonga in early February. With-in the first
two weeks of being on the island we survived a cyclone and a threat of
a tsunami! Talk about no where to run and hide, one can only find the
safest refuge and put their trust in God!!




No comments:

Post a Comment